[pmwiki-users] Fix for: SearchExtensions broken in beta33

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun May 1 16:51:31 CDT 2005

On Wednesday, 27 April 2005 5:46 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:28:46AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>> On Saturday, 23 April 2005 9:18 PM, Hans <design at flutesong.net> wrote:
>> >Just to mention:
>> >Cookbook/SearchExtensions search.php script
>> >is broken with the latest pmwiki beta33.
>> >

>> >Best,
>> > Hans
>> >
>> Thanks, I'll look into it. In the mean time, what is going wrong exactly?
>>
>> I suspect that PmWiki's global $SearchIncl and $SearchExcl arrays
>> may have changed.
>
>Well, they are/have been $SearchPatterns for some time.  But yes,
>it's likely that something about the new pagelist code broke search
>extensions (sorry, shouldn't happen again).
>
>Pm

I have got SearchExtensions working again. However, we need a patch
to scripts/pagelist.php function FmtPageList please, Patrick:

- the 3 $GLOBALS statements that set SearchIncl, SearchExcl and
  SearchGroup need to move *above* the call to $fmtfn (I put them
  right above the $matches = array(); statement)

- plus you'll need to download and install the new search extensions
  script from Cookbook.SearchExtensions (uploaded as search2.php)

I had to do a few fixes because local fmtfm code no longer knows
the $MatchCount.

Let me know how it goes.

--
JR