[pmwiki-users] ugly .flock bug

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu May 5 12:28:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 01:08:40PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> At 12:22 PM 5/5/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >Also, is your installation of PmWiki on a network-mounted drive
> >of some sort (e.g., via NFS)?
>
> Most probably yes, it's a web cluster, though I've no idea about how they
> implement it.

In this case it's possible that .flock isn't very stable in this
environment.  We might see if moving the .flock file to a local
file system solves the problem -- i.e., /tmp/radu-flock or something
like that.

Any sort of semaphore works for this -- PmWiki just wants a way to
make sure that multiple edit processes aren't interfering with each
other.