[pmwiki-users] Deleting or refreshing wiki pages

Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com
Tue Mar 22 12:21:13 CST 2005

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/DeletingPages

> 2. Alternatively, if I delete the reference link - or all reference
>    links - to the file, does it automatically get removed from
>    wiki.d/ ?

Nope.

> 3. What happens if I manually create, delete or edit a file in/from
>    wiki.d

As long as they follow the same format as the other files in wiki.d,
creating and editing such files manually should work fine.  And, of
course, deleting a file from wiki.d means that it's gone.

> 4. Is there a way to 'refresh' a file if/when I replace a template?
>
> In the last case, the reason for the question is that I am working on
> my template, and would like to test the outcome with different
> template versions. If I can wipe out the file, I can use the different
> template on the same file all the time.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here, but it sounds like you
want something like http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinChange

> 5. Would it make sense to rename pmwiki.php to index.php, so it is
>    autodisplayed, or would that break the internal workings of pmwiki?

Nope. In general, you shouldn't touch pmwiki.php at all. Rather than
renaming pmwiki.php, you can create your own index.php that contains
nothing but:

<?php include_once("pmwiki.php"); ?>

or perhaps

<?php include_once("/full/path/to/pmwiki.php"); ?>

BTW, any manual configuration changes would still go in
local/config.php or local/farmconfig.php.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at pobox.com