[pmwiki-users] Deleting or refreshing wiki pages

zgrauer at earthlink.net zgrauer at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 22 11:57:15 CST 2005

Here are several related questions:

1. Is there a way to delete files in a wiki?

2. Alternatively, if I delete the reference link - or all reference links - to the file, does it automatically get removed from wiki.d/ ?

3. What happens if I manually create, delete or edit a file in/from wiki.d

4. Is there a way to 'refresh' a file if/when I replace a template?

In the last case, the reason for the question is that I am working on my template, and would like to test the outcome with different template versions. If I can wipe out the file, I can use the different template on the same file all the time.

I guess that for now I should work in the sandbox, as a solution for 4.

In case you are interested, my wiki is http://www.freechem.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php. It is still very much in the formative stage, I am going to first settle on a template, then learn how to restrict editing action to select group of people (chemists and similar professionals).

5. Would it make sense to rename pmwiki.php to index.php, so it is autodisplayed, or would that break the internal workings of pmwiki?

Thanks in advance.

Zvi.