[pmwiki-users] config.php file --- which one?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Sun Mar 13 14:03:08 CST 2005

At 01:54 PM 3/11/2005, John W Morris wrote:

>My problem stems with a lack of understanding of which Config.php file
>does what and when.
>
>If I make a change in the local/config.php fille it sometimes seems to not
>work unless the change is in the wiki root config.php.
>
>What is each file for and when is each file used or not used?
>
>Right now I am keeping them sync'd (identical).

 From scripts/pmwiki.php

if (file_exists("$FarmD/local/farmconfig.php"))
   include_once("$FarmD/local/farmconfig.php");
if (IsEnabled($EnableLocalConfig,1)) {
   if (file_exists('local/config.php'))
     include_once('local/config.php');
   elseif (file_exists('config.php'))
     include_once('config.php');
}

As you can see, it first looks for a local/farmconfig, failing which it
looks for a local/config, failing which it looks for a config in the same
dir with pmwiki.

The last two are mutually exclusive, with the one in local/ having priority
over the  one in the wiki 'root' (and any settings in the wiki config
supercede any farm settings), so you should not have to maintain two copies.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)