[pmwiki-users] Deleting dead WikiPages and WikiGroups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 6 16:20:09 CST 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:04:28AM +1100, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > The normal way an author can delete pages is by changing the page's contents
> > to "delete".
>
> Though I have not read every page of the documentation of PmWiki, I can not
> find the details how to change "page's contents to "delete" and I should know
> that in order to tell users and prospective users.

Hmm, I just did a search of the PmWiki docs on pmwiki.org and this
doesn't seem to be there.  At one time I felt that I didn't want to
advertise page deletion too heavily, as it would be an easy way for
someone to be annoying (by deleting lots of page).  The pages don't
really disappear, but it does require the wikiadmin to restore them
by renaming some files.

There is a cookbook recipe on the topic at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DeleteAction, however.