[pmwiki-users] Input recipe

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat Jun 25 06:38:11 CDT 2005

Christian Schlatter wrote:
> I'd be very interested in having a wiki syntax for HTML forms. But we
> should not intermix form syntax with script functionality. So we should
> just have an easy to use syntax which can be used to build all of the
> HTML form elements (I know this is a difficult task).

Not really - it's been done :-)

I've just finished revisiting both the HTML form syntax and what's
present on Cookbook.Input.
Result: I can't think of a more regular and easier-to-use variant that
preserves the functionality. If you have a better idea, I'd be pleased
to hear about it :-)

> In order to be independent from specific functionality, there should be
> a well defined interface between wiki pages with form syntax and scripts
> using the post/get data from the forms. Maybe a new ?action= parameter
> could be introduced for that.

It's already present both in Cookbook.Input and Cookbook.Forms, so I'm
not sure what you actually want to say here.

Regards,
Jo