[pmwiki-users] Changing markup itself

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 23 08:15:04 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 11:29:10AM +0200, Jan-Christian Föh wrote:
> So far I've tried using a Markup rule calling a PHP function which
> simply either includes PmWikis $Author variable,
> or extends it with ~~~ and lets PmWiki reparse the return statement.

If you're wanting to save the current author's name in the page as
it is being saved, you need to look at the $ROSPatterns array instead
of Markup().  Markup() only converts things as they're being displayed,
and by that time the $Author variable is no longer set.

Perhaps something like:

    $ROSPatterns['/\\(:commentstart:\\)'/] =
      '(:commentstart author="$Author":)';