[pmwiki-users] UTF-8 display broken big-time

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Jun 15 22:46:21 CDT 2005

Hello all :)

I started a PmWikiVi page last night for my language, copied over the
English text, looked at my clock and realized I should get some
sleep, saved a couple of introductory sentences in my language
and ... they displayed with most of the accented characters as
question marks. [1]

This indicates a badly-broken UTF-8 display, in my experience, which
has become de facto wide, since Vietnamese is a test case for full
Unicode support (combined diacritics).

I am really puzzled, since using the same browser and system (OmniWeb
5.1 on an iBook running Mac OSX 10.4.1 Tiger), I can view the Debian-
Women wiki in Vietnamese [2], with only one character broken (I've
added that to the current UTF-8 display bug 00224 [3]).

There's not much point in my uploading my translated templates, and
continuing to translate pages in the Localization section, if they
won't display. :(

Help!

<starts sending up smoke signals>

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiVi/PmWikiVi
[2] http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php/Vietnamese/HomePage
[3] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00224