[pmwiki-users] Re: MarkupExtensions and other interdependent recipes

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Jun 5 18:41:11 CDT 2005

On Monday, 6 June 2005 12:28 AM, Dominique Faure <dominique.faure.1 at free.fr> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Trying to "rationalize" a bit my cookbook directory, I found
>annoying/improveable things with some of your recipes and here are my
>suggestions about them:
>
>1/ Concerning MarkupExtensions, and RenamePage recipes, instead of having
>one of:
>
> extendmarkup.php,
> extendmarkup.php + rename.php,
> rename.php + renamehelper.php,
>
>Why not having rename.php and extendmarkup.php including both a common
>helper.php file?
>
>This helper.php could also be used to share the "$LinkCleanser" stuff you
>use also in pagetoc.php (PageTableOfContents) and in
>break_page.php
>
>Then the layout would become: helper.php + any combinaison of
>extendmarkup.php, rename.php, pagetoc.php, break_page.php,... and no code
>would ever be duplicated nor out-of-date.

Yes, this was the conclusion I had reached -- it's good to get independent
confirmation for this approach. Now I understand more about pmwiki 2 and
the various recipes are functionally stable, it's a good time to go back
and fix the script structure.

>2/ For my particular needs, MarkupExtensions offer too much features. Some
>of them are very helpful, but others are really annoying (eg.
>sel-referencing link handling). The DisableMarkup() is then very helpful,
>but I would love having a set of boolean to enable/disable these features
>correctly and easily.

I'm also thinking of deconstructing the markup extensions into more than
one script, as well as making it easier to configure.

>Keep on the good job,
>Dominique

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. I have a very busy time
at the moment, but will address these changes quite soon, I hope.

--
JR