[pmwiki-users] off-topic: Behaviour of non-existiant home page (was: Nested groups)

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Thu Jun 2 21:42:46 CDT 2005

At 2005-06-02  07:49 PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Actually, this is already supposed to be PmWiki's default behavior,
>but apparently it broke on some version in the past.  It's now fixed
>on pmwiki.org -- see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test for an example.
>
>(The magic is in Main.PageNotFound -- currently it has a (:searchresults ...:)
>directive that is supposed to list the pages in the group, but that
>no longer works.  Switching it to (:pagelist ...:) fixes things. )

For reasons I cannot fathom, neither of these work on my wiki.

If I enter this URL:
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/NotHere

I get a page that invites me to enter the content of "NotHere".

If I enter this URL:
http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/NotHere

I get the "PageNotFound" page (with pagelist markup), but no pages are
listed because there is no group=NotHere.

So it seems that if the group exists, PageNotFound is not displayed, and if
the group does not exist, no pages will ever be displayed by pagelist!
Catch-22.

What am I doing wrong?

Neil

Neil Herber