[pmwiki-users] off-topic: Behaviour of non-existiant home page (was: Nested groups)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jun 2 19:49:19 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 03:24:31PM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:06:40PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > She was however expecting to see a list of pages in the group test...
> >
> > So.. maybe
> >
> >  	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test1
> >
> > should actually list all pages in the group by default?  (This would be in
> > addition to offering to create the group home page)
>
> I don't think that should be PmWiki's default behavior, but it sounds
> great as a cookbook entry.

Actually, this is already supposed to be PmWiki's default behavior,
but apparently it broke on some version in the past.  It's now fixed
on pmwiki.org -- see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test for an example.

(The magic is in Main.PageNotFound -- currently it has a (:searchresults ...:)
directive that is supposed to list the pages in the group, but that
no longer works.  Switching it to (:pagelist ...:) fixes things. )