[pmwiki-users] Per-field cookbook/ directories? Cascading wikifarm pub/ directories?

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Jul 20 21:16:07 CDT 2005

At 2005-07-20  08:07 PM -0500, Jeremy Sproat is rumored to have said:
>I had someone ask me via the wiki how a wikifarm could handle
>per-field cookbook/ directories.  I have no idea if or how this could
>be done.  Would it require changes to the PmWiki engine?
>
>Another question he asked me regarded how the pub/ directory was
>handled - if the wiki could handle serving files from the farm's pub/
>if the field's pub/ didn't have them.  In other words, provide a
>farm-wide pub/ to start from, and users can customize it by adding
>files to the field's pub/ without having to copy they whole farm-level
>pub/ over first.
>
>I think that's what he's asking for.  The questions are at the end of
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Sproaticus/WikiFarmsMultipleDomains

Unless I am sadly mistaken (not an unusual happening), this all works
"right out of the box" on PmWiki. Each field can have its own /cookbook,
/scripts, and /pub directories.

In the case of skins inside /pub, a field skin will override a farm skin
with the same name.

In the case of the /cookbook and /scripts directories, you can select which
ones to use by the statements in your /local/config.php file. For example

include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");  ---- gets the farm version of
the script

include_once('scripts/authuser.php'); ---- gets the field version

Neil