[pmwiki-users] A technical point about wikilib.d

Henrik Bechmann henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 4 16:31:33 CDT 2005

I have deployed pmwiki as a wikifarm, which is to say the website will
(eventually) have several semi-independent wikis in various areas of the
site.

However it is convenient for me to have a few central pages (accessible
by all wikifields) for help pages, explanation of website philosophy
etc., and I have found that wikilib.d is on a search chain, so that if a
wiki page is not found in the local wikifield, then it will be found in
the wikilib.d directory. In particular I have DufferinParkWiki.About,
DufferinParkWiki.EditHelp, etc. placed in this wikilib.d directory.

My question: is that legitimate, or am I asking for some kind of trouble?

BTW I also find that when I edit those, the edited versions end up
either in wiki.d of the main wiki installation, or wiki.d of the field
installation, depending from where I am editing. I just move the edited
copies to wikilib.d after I edit them, and everything works. Same
question: is this asking for trouble or is it legitimate?

Another question: I have the wiki.d directoires chmod at 777, but the
upload directories (which are not under wiki.d, but rather siblings)
seem fine with 755 (I haven't tried imlicit creation of a new group
directory for upload yet). Does wiki.d need to stay at 777?

Thanks,

- Henrik

--

Henrik Bechmann