[pmwiki-users] Request for ideas -- edit page improvements

Pierre Rouzeau pierre at rouzeau.net
Mon Jan 31 11:56:37 CST 2005

Hello,
without having Wysiwyg table support, it is possible to have a more
friendly system, say a form ask you first column and rows number, and
then open a new HTML form with input fields in the same disposition as
the table cells. For existing table, the mouse pointer set on any part
of the table, a button can reopen the table in its interactive form.

I don't think this will be utterly complex. I think i have seen
something like that somewhere, but i am not able to track it back.

Regards

Patrick R. Michaud a écrit :
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:58:56AM +0100, Pierre Rouzeau wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>even if Wysiwyg editing is not to be envisioned now, there is something
>>very tedious in a wiki, and simply not usable by a lot of authors, which
>>is tables.
>>A tool to help defining interactively tables will be of great help.
>>This point have been suggested on the list, but i don't remember if
>>there was a link to an exemple or not.
>>Though, if only for this point, the handling of tables in FCK editor is
>>remarkable :
>>http://www.fckeditor.net/demo/default.html
>

> The problem with trying to do WYSIWYG table support is that it's
> not possible to draw tables from wiki markup without building
> a large conversion program into the browser.  If we were editing
> HTML directly it could be easier (because browsers already know
> how to display HTML), but since we're editing an intermediate markup
> language it doesn't work out.  (And no, there's not an easy way to
> convert HTML into wiki markup.)
>
> Pm

Pierre Rouzeau - Proud indigenous of old Europe
CNC Router - Fraiseuse CN  www.otocoup.com <http://www.otocoup.com>
Hovercraft model - Aéroglisseur modèle www.aeroglisseur.com
<http://www.aeroglisseur.com>Mon petit bateau - la "souris" -
www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm <http://www.rouzeau.net/Souris.htm>