[Pmwiki-users] 'Reset' button in edit page

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Fri Jan 28 12:34:56 CST 2005

At 2005-01-28  01:23 PM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood is rumored to have said:
>I think the Reset button needs to be well-explained for anybody to
>find it useful instead of confusing.  :)  I often want to abandon an
>edit or restart it from scratch.  PmWiki already provides mechanisms
>for this, but it would be good to make them more obvious, and educate
>writers about them.

Hans Bracker's Gemini Two skin replaces "Reset" with "Cancel" which really
does abandon the entire edit.

Other skins have a Read button (not part of the form) that takes you back
to the original page without changes.

Rather than "educating" users (a difficult task at the best of times) the
interface should be clarified. Getting rid of Rest completely is an
excellent start.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/