[pmwiki-users] PmWiki password security

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Tue Jan 25 10:57:54 CST 2005

Maybe I am the only person who gets confused by the many layers of PmWiki
security, or maybe I am the only one who can't find the documentation pages
that answer my questions ...

In either case, I have added a small blurb about "security holes" to
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords which I think will be of
particular value to new PmWiki admins, and obvious blather to old hands.

Essentially it advises explicitly setting the "admin" and "attr" passwords
in config.php - even for completely open wikis.

I have not addressed "upload" passwords, because my brain has shut down for
lunch.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/