[Pmwiki-users] Creating Groups

Hans Bracker design
Thu Jan 20 14:29:44 CST 2005

Thursday, January 20, 2005, 8:00:34 PM, Wade wrote:

> My suggestion read:
> Creating a new group is as easy as CreatingNewPages; simply edit an
> existing page to include a link to a page in the new group using the
> following format [[Group/SomePage]] or [[Group.SomePage]]. Then click on
> the '?' to edit the page.

> So I just rearranged the order and basically repeated "use
> GroupName.WikiWord or GroupName/WikiWord" with "using the following
> format [[Group/SomePage]] or [[Group.SomePage]]."

> It seems that adding that phrase again makes it clearer how to create a
> NEW group, though actually it might also be even clearer and more
> consistent to say replace "GroupName/WikiWord or GroupName.WikiWord"
> elsewhere in the Documentation with "[[Group/SomePage]] or
> [[Group.SomePage]]."

I think you got a point there Wade. i would prefer the expression
"Group.SomePage" over "GroupName.Wikiword", because the groupname does
not need to be  a wiki (camel) word, in fact i find it cumbersome. Of
course Somepage does not need to be a wiki word either, so
"Group.Pagename" is sufficient. butr  then you really need the double
square brackets around it to make it into a link, whereas for
Group.WikiWord you don't need the brackets. Maybe both can be
mentioned: with brackets and without.

My suggestion:
 Creating a new group is as easy as CreatingNewPages; simply edit an
 existing page to include a link to a page in the new group using one
 of the  following formats: Groupname/SomePage, [[Groupname/SomePage]],
 Groupname.SomePage or [[Groupname.Some Page]] (see also [[Links]]).
 Then click on  the '?' to edit the page.

Best,
Hans