[Pmwiki-users] modular skin config problems...

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Tue Jan 18 18:09:01 CST 2005

I feel like a newbie again, there's so much going wrong.  I'm testing
out the code from the modular configurable skin thread, to put up a
live demo of the skin I've been working on.  For one thing, it's
float-based, so I'd like people to abuse it and see how it stands up.

First I tried the config.php method, using the following code, both
with and without a comma on the last item in the array:

$CSSToggles[] = array(
  # uncomment any of the below to enable
  # 'example.css',
  'feature-attr-off.css',
  'feature-navlink_underlines-off.css'
  );
foreach($CSSToggles[] as $c)
  $HTMLHeadersFmt[] =
    "<link href='\$SkinDirUrl/$c' media='screen, tv, projection,
handheld' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />";

When I reload the page, there's no visible change in either the
rendering or the page source, and caching is most definitely turned
off in config.php.

I then commented out the previous attempt, and made flexipure.php with
exactly the php Pm recommended:

<?php

global $HTMLHeadersFmt;

  $spage = ReadPage('Skin.FlexiPureConfig');
  preg_match_all('/^link "(.*?\.css)"/m', $spage['text'], $m);
  foreach($m[1] as $css)
    $HTMLHeadersFmt[] =
      "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='\$SkinDirUrl/$css' />";
?>

Same effect as the previous method -- none.  (You can see the list of
options being used at
http://arndis.godsong.org/pmw2b19/pmwiki.php/Skin/FlexiPureConfig.  It
looks horrible, because *no* style aside the current tab marker is
being applied.)

Something must be going wrong before it sticks the output in the
template's headers.  I'm betting that it's my own fault somehow, but I
have no idea what's going wrong where.  Anyone got a guess as to what
it is?

Bronwyn