[Pmwiki-users] Guestbook and forum for PmWiki v2?

Oneida Kincaid oak
Sat Jan 8 03:11:54 CST 2005

Has anyone gotten the old guestbook.php and forum.php addons to work with PmWiki
2? They both worked great with a PmWiki 1.0.13 test installation, but not with
2.0beta14 (The [[$Forum]] and [[$Guestbook]] calls that should display the
necessary forms instead render as $Forum? and $Guestbook?).

I would dearly love to get them working: After having wrestled for years with
having to spend an inordinate amount of time customizing forum programs such as
DCForum and PhpBB to match the look and feel of my site, not to mention the
hours spend dealing with their subsequent periodic crashes and lockups, I've
come to the conclusion that (radically) simpler is (radically) better. I almost
wept with relief when it took me all of 10 minutes of minor tinkering to get the
forum.php addon installed and looking like I wanted with the PmWiki 1.0.13 test
installation.

Btw, I'm still in the process of migrating content to PmWiki 2, so I won't be
taking the PmWiki version public for at least another month or two. That is to
say, there's no hurry with this.

Thanks,
Oneida