[Pmwiki-users] Intermaps - is there another way??

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Jan 5 11:07:23 CST 2005

I  have been trying to use an InterMap in my "localmap.txt" file that looks
like this:

MediaWiki       http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/

What I really want to have happen is that any time someone enters
"MediWiki" it will be automatically linked to the external URL. However,
the markup requires a trailing colon and at least one non-blank character.
Is there any clean way to have "hot words" like MediaWiki link to external
URLs without any extra markup? I want to retain the InterMap finctionality,
since it provides the ability to do text substitution in the URL. (Very
slick, by the way.)

And as a bonus, is it possible to use an InterMap-like construct to link to
local pages? For example, any time my name appears as "Neil" I want a link
to my profile page which is "Profiles.NeilHerber".

Similarly, when a user enters a name like "Adobe", I want it to be an
automatic link to http://www.adobe.com/.

I would classify these items as permanent WikiWords or automatic WikiWords.
I would prefer to manage them in an InterMap-like table, but a PmWiki page
would be OK too (and easier to edit!).

If such a feature already exists, shame on me - but I can't find it in the
docs.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/