[pmwiki-users] PMWIKI Newbie

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Feb 18 20:58:31 CST 2005

Aloha from Kauai, Hawaii:

I am a total WIKI newbie... not only to PMwiki, but to *any* Wiki, so
please bear with my naive questions.

Ok I've installed PMwiki on a local web site on our LAN on our OSX
server, I was able to move the sample-config.php to /local/ and
modified the title, made a new folder in
/skins/my_first_wiki/new_logo.gif. It all works like a charm.

But now, I would like to maintain all the PM wiki default pages on our
local site, for now at least, so that we can use these as reference,
even if we are not connected to the internet. But I want to configure
the new home page for our internal wiki...

How do I create a new home page for our new internal wiki and keep all
the present PMwiki pages? All I can see is that I would have to start
editing (and there by destroy) the existing PMwiki reference pages.

I did look through the FAQ on this, but don't find any reference...

Thanks

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery