[pmwiki-users] Includes

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Sun Feb 13 23:46:09 CST 2005

I'm looking for a way to include separate (non wiki) files (generally
containing html snippets or calls to javascript) in at both templates
and wiki pages levels.
This feature would only be used by the wiki master who would predefine
them, not wiki users.
Background: I'm looking to integrate pmwiki with an existing web site,
and wish to keep a similar look and feel (conservative user base!).
This hard coded web site uses server side includes for such thinks as
common (across all pages) navigation bars,
as well as page specific things such as email sign up forms, page
counters, etc.
What I imagine is some sort of markup for wiki pages,
and some sort of PHP variable for templates.
eg
ssi_include ($commonmenu, "/inc/menu.html")
or
markup (yahoogroup_2, "/inc/yhg_2.html")

Any suggestions or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.
I don't mind doing a bit of coding if I have to, but why reinvent the wheel
tia

.