[pmwiki-users] Re: draft/Subpageish stuff (was: Re: Question about HTML output for link targets)

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Fri Feb 4 15:00:38 CST 2005

At 2005-02-04  02:23 PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Well, it's also true that it's fairly easy for me to "remap" illegal
>characters to valid ones in the filenames.  All of which means that
>semicolon, colon, etc. could be probably be put back in the running.
>
>I'll generate a list of characters in a later message.

Did I miss the email that explained why a period could not be used as a
subpage separator?

Does Main.Main.Main (group.page.sub) become ambiguous when it is just Main
or Main.Main or .Main ?

Period has the advantage of requiring no remapping for the file system name.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668