[pmwiki-users] Re: [O-T] Re: Re: Request for changing the default upload policy

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 05:07:26 CST 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, H. Fox wrote:

> > PS. I can see that it might make things easier for Windows users who
use
> > the file extension to control what type a file is.
>
> Exactly.
>
> To some (ironically not including myself) the extension is important.
> That's why I think it's helpful to include the extension.  Some users
> don't even see extensions -- they'll only see the icon that indicates
> it's a text file.  Double-click and it opens in the default text
> editor.
>
> Omitting ".txt" erects an admittedly small barrier, but why have a
> barrier at all?

<silly>
Because it looks ugly, it's less to type and I'm used to the file just
being called README ;-)
</silly>

> On 12/28/05, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Could for instance 'README', 'COPYING' and 'INSTALL' be merged into
one
> > file that simply refers to a suitable wiki page? (It'd probably have
to be
> > one per each new release).
>
> For certain the GNU GPL license text should stand alone in its own file.

Hmm... could we use wiki.d/ as a sort of documentation library? And place
COPYING/LICENSE etc there (with the exception of a single README in the
root).

When you think about it, this is actually where we store the
documentation today...

/Christian