[pmwiki-users] Tricky issue with approveUrl and included pages

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat Dec 3 04:10:59 CST 2005

Hi

I've just been bitten by a tricky issue with approveUrl (again...), so I
thought about improving the situation. Here's how I was being fooled:

	At the bottom of my main homepage, there were some links to
	external sites that needed to be approved. However, clicking on
	them just seemed to reload the page, i.e. the links were still
	unapproved.

What was really happening here was that the external links came from a
page that was *included* to the main page... so approveUrl naturally never
even saw these links. I'm not exactly new to pmwiki, but this have had me
fooled for weeks (partly because it's a new site and I thought it was some
special bug in my setup due to shared groups and whatnot).

Anyway, could this situation be improved? For instance, what if approveUrl
were to look for (:include:) in the page, and if the page does include
other pages, the script would simply issue a small warning message.
Thinking even further along this line, what if we always got a (temporary)
message after performing approveUrl? Perhaps it could look something like
this:

	The following external links were found in the page <page> and
	and have now been approved:
	* http://...

	Please note that this page includes other pages that may contain
	additional external links that have not been approved.

	See [[PmWiki.ApproveUrls]] for further details.

Thoughts?

/Christian