[pmwiki-users] How to save file changes in scripts folder

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 22 06:05:09 CDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 11:30:08AM +0100, Geraldine wrote:
> So, I just did my first bit of tweaking; I stopped templates showing
> up in pagelist when list=normal.  I had to edit the pagelist.php file
> in the scripts folder to do this, and unlike config.php I can't put it
> in local to save it from an overwrite if I upgrade later.  What's the
> usual way of dealing with this?

Assuming that what you're doing is removing files named 'Template',
then in config.php you just do:

   $SearchPatterns['normal'][] = '!\.Templates$!';

This will add this exclusion to the other sets of patterns specified
by 'list=normal'.

If that doesn't answer your question, let me know and we'll come up
with a better answer.  :-)