[pmwiki-users] Re: Thought for the advanced authors UI mode

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Aug 18 00:52:58 CDT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 09:31:42PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 9:19:07 PM, chr wrote:
> > > What would have been really
> > > nice here was if the sidebar could contain something like a list of the
> > > last recently visited pages *and* enabling you to easily edit them...
> >
> > put this into config.php, somewhere near the end, so it does not clash
> > with extendmarkup being loaded later:
> >
> > ## creates and maintains  a page Site.EditRecentPages
> > $RecentChangesFmt['Site.EditRecentPages'] = '* [[$Group.$Name?action=edit| $Titlespaced]]  ';
>
> Another possible solution to this would be for us to enable the
> "action=" option to pagelists.  Then one could do:
>
>    (:pagelist trail=Site.RecentChanges count=10 action=edit fmt=simple:)
>
> and get a list of the last ten modified pages with
> ?action=edit links appended to each.

I was about to suggest something like this, so I'm all for it! :-)

A slight complication is of course that you'd probably want to specify how
it should look as well. Do you imagine that the using the example above
on this list

	* [[PageA]]
	* [[PageB]]

would simply result in this output?

	* [[PageA(?action=edit)]]
	* [[PageB(?action=edit)]]

A slightly more advanced solution could be some kind of 'for-each'-mapping
that is applied to each result.

   (:pagelist trail=Site.RecentChanges count=10 \
              action=edit fmt=for-each for-each-map="link->Edit <link>":)

where I imagine that the format 'for-each' will use the map specified by
the argument 'for-each-map' and apply it to each resulting link. In this
case, the map specifies that the link should be replaced with "Edit link".
This might all be way to complicated of course...

/Christian