[pmwiki-users] about signing documentation ...

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Fri Aug 12 23:48:04 CDT 2005

At 2005-08-12  11:45 PM -0400, Radu is rumored to have said:
>Does it make sense to keep spending time on building incomplete lists of
>contributors? Some wikis place the list of contributors at the bottom of
>each page by default. Does someone foresee problems if I add a new
>variable to my wiki pages to collect all the non-empty Author names, and a
>markup for including that list, something like (:contributors:) ?

On a wiki trying to encourage public contributions, having a contributors
list may be highly desirable. I am not sure if I would want to see the
ever-growing list on each page view. Perhaps a variant of
?action=diff  could be used just to display the contributor names and
dates. Say ?action=contrib?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/