[pmwiki-users] wikistyles question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 5 15:37:50 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 10:28:02PM +0200, Mateusz Czapli??ski wrote:
> Btw, when talking about styles:
> I've looked at them recently, and got into small confusion; AFAI tried,
> two things seem not to work in them: fractional sizes (that is, for
> example %block padding:'1.5ex'%) and percent sizes (again, %block
> width:'50%'%).

I know that percent sizes don't work -- the problem is accurately
knowing when something is a percent sign and when it's the end of
the wikistyle.  (An unfortunate consequence of having chosen %'s
to delimit wikistyles.)  Getting %'s to be recognized properly
is going to be a pain but probably worth the effort in the long run.
I've been thinking that a workaround might be to convert "pct" into "%"
in wikistyles, so that one could do %width=50pct%

I didn't realize that fractional sizes (1.5ex) weren't working -- this
will be fixed for the next release.