[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:04:57 CDT 2005

On 8/4/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:39:40PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > >
> > > As usual, the difficulty is nesting these blocks correctly, especially
> > > if there are intervening headings or divs.
> >
> > The current (beta54) class is "question" and "answer" and the selectors are
> >
> >    p.question {...}
> >    p.answer {...}
> >
> > So they will change to these, correct?
> >
> >    div.question {...}
> >    div.answer {...}
>
> At the moment I'm not planning to try to parse the beginnings and ends
> of questions and answers, although we may eventually do that.  So,
> at the moment the selectors on pmwiki.org are:
>
>    div.faq { ... }
>    div.faq p.question { ... }
>
> with possibly a few more to be added in to adjust headings, rules,
> etc.  But it's not cast in stone and probably won't be cast in
> stone prior to 2.0.0 -- I just want something that works for now
> (and we're all in agreement that the system that has been in place
> before now doesn't work :-).

The new system works *much* better.

Can the Question and answer be moved closer to one another?  Maybe
some negative margin-bottom for the question would do it?  Not a
biggie at all, it would just visually make a Q/A block look more like
a cohesive unit.

One oddity (also not a biggie) is that the following markup renders
differently in an edit-preview than it does in a saved page.

A: Some text.

(Note the space between the colon and the S.)  In an edit-preview the
text is monospaced.

Hagan