[pmwiki-users] FAQ Page Layout

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 4 19:36:58 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:39:40PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> On 8/4/05, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:48:22PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> > > IMHO, all pmwiki needs to do is:
> > > * to tag the stuff from Q: to right before A: with a class="faqQ",
> > > * the stuff from A: till right before the next Q: with class="faqA"
> >
> > As usual, the difficulty is nesting these blocks correctly, especially
> > if there are intervening headings or divs.
>
> The current (beta54) class is "question" and "answer" and the selectors are
>
>    p.question {...}
>    p.answer {...}
>
> So they will change to these, correct?
>
>    div.question {...}
>    div.answer {...}

At the moment I'm not planning to try to parse the beginnings and ends
of questions and answers, although we may eventually do that.  So,
at the moment the selectors on pmwiki.org are:

   div.faq { ... }
   div.faq p.question { ... }

with possibly a few more to be added in to adjust headings, rules,
etc.  But it's not cast in stone and probably won't be cast in
stone prior to 2.0.0 -- I just want something that works for now
(and we're all in agreement that the system that has been in place
before now doesn't work :-).