[pmwiki-users] Re: enable Cookbook/SearchTerms on pmwiki.org ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Aug 2 15:21:15 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:14:34PM +0200, Christophe David wrote:
> What about making a farm on the www.pmwiki.org server, with a field in
> /wiki/ as now, and another in /wiki_with_extensions/, both sharing the
> same $WikiDir.
>
> This way, you would remain consistent with the distribution for the
> "default" site, but an enhanced version of the site would be available
> too.

This works for enhancements that aren't really part of the markup
(as in SearchTerms), but doesn't work for enhancements that add
markup sequences.

The two-url approach is an interesting idea; I've done stuff like
that before.  Another approach would be to give browsers a link that
can be followed that sets a cookie and "enables extensions" for
that particular browser, or to add such a switch to the user
preferences options.