[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: documentation for mkdirp()

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Aug 2 14:05:24 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Ben Wilson wrote:

> Quoting Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org>:
>
> > Ben Wilson wrote:

> >> Methinks it should be PmWiki Functions as it is a standard PmWiki
> >> device.
> >
> > Due to historic accident, PHP functions are documented in
> > Cookbook.Functions and variables in PmWiki.Variables. If this is a
> > concern, one of the pages should be moved - having two Functions pages
> > would be confusing.
>
> I should think that PmWiki.Functions is more proper for core functions.
> Although, if recipes share functions it would be prudent to have
> Cookbook.Functions (that is, if two/more recipes interoperate). However, I'm
> thinking that it might be better to (in those cases) document the functions
> within the recipe page after all the how-to use stuff.

I think we could do with more than one page describing the page -
basically depending on the audience. One quick stop that gives you an
overview, and another page that gives you various gory details. Btw, this
page exists

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Functions

although it's not exactly full... It's time we decided on some structure
for this though..

cheers
/Christian