[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta33, new pagelist code

Hans design at flutesong.net
Tue Apr 26 16:17:13 CDT 2005

Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 10:02:40 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> > (:pagelist link={$FullName} :)
>> >     Displays a list of all pages that link to the current page.
>>
>> I fail to grasp where this may be useful :(
>> Would it not be better to do a search via an action link like
>> *[[Main.SearchWiki?q={$Name} | Cross Reference ]]

> 1. "link=" is faster, possibly much faster, because it doesn't have
> to do a search of the full text, just the page's targets
> (which are already saved as a page attribute).

> 2. Searching for ?q={$Name} is likely to find pages where the text
> contains the current page name but is not a link.  For example,
> searching for ?q=Skin will find a lot of pages that contain the word
> "skin" but aren't linked to [[Group.Skin]].  Similarly, searching
> for ?q=Group.Skin will find pages that have [=Group.Skin=] (where
> it's not a link).

Very good points! But I seem to be thick to grasp how you use the
markup. Putting it on a page does not make any sense to me, unless it
is for diagnostic use only. Having an action link or query in the
address bar makes sense to me, but how can this markup be put into an
action link? I do like a cross reference link on my foot menu, and the
markup seem,s promising, but how do I use it for  a link?

Best,
~Hans