[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta33, new pagelist code

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 26 16:02:40 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:24:34PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, April 26, 2005, 9:10:41 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > (:pagelist link={$FullName} :)
> >     Displays a list of all pages that link to the current page.
>
> I fail to grasp where this may be useful :(
> Would it not be better to do a search via an action link like
> *[[Main.SearchWiki?q={$Name} | Cross Reference ]]

1. "link=" is faster, possibly much faster, because it doesn't have
to do a search of the full text, just the page's targets
(which are already saved as a page attribute).

2. Searching for ?q={$Name} is likely to find pages where the text
contains the current page name but is not a link.  For example,
searching for ?q=Skin will find a lot of pages that contain the word
"skin" but aren't linked to [[Group.Skin]].  Similarly, searching
for ?q=Group.Skin will find pages that have [=Group.Skin=] (where
it's not a link).