[pmwiki-users] string "include Main.GroupFooter" on every page / upload restrictions / groups / inline images / URL icons / ALT tags

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 18:22:26 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 12:36:29AM +0200, list at linuxing.de wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've been using PmWiki for some weeks for my updated website for SpamPal.
> While I don't know PHP at all but I got some support by another guy to
> change the layout. My website is located at
> http://spampal.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> Here are my remaining problems which can hopefully be resolved by your
> answers.
>
> "include Main.GroupFooter" :
> Every page includes the string "include Main.GroupFooter" and some pages
> even include the string "Main.GroupHeader"
> (http://spampal.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Impressum). How can I get rid of
> this?

There must be something in the layout or on the system causing this
to appear.  Normally this causes Main.GroupFooter to be included on
a page, but something is preventing the (:include ...:) from being
properly processed.  Same for Main.GroupHeader.  I'll have to look
a bit -- I've not encountered this particular problem before.

> "name of main page":
> Another annoying thing is that I have to change the name of the main page
> with every update. Where can I define the name permanently?

In the local/config.php file, set

    $DefaultName = 'StartSeite';

or, if you just want to set the default of the main page (used when
accessed without a pagename), try

    $DefaultPage = 'Main.StartSeite';

> "groups & navigation"
> Finally I saw a page with different groups and a different navigation bar
> on the left for each group. My navigation is quite long and it would be
> great to have a different menu for the manual pages. How can I define
> different menus for each group?

For each group you can create a sidebar called Group.SideBar, which is
used instead of Main.SideBar when it exists.

Set up an InterMap reference:  [[http://www.spampal.org | Local:eng.gif]] .
See http://www.pmwiki.org/

> "automated URL icons":
> Many other wikis automatically add a small icon to an external URL. How can
> I easily achieve this with PmWiki?

In your local/config.php, change the setting for $UrlLinkFmt to whatever
you want for the external URL.

> "ALT tags":
> Is there a way to define ALT tags or to have them generated automatically
> showing the file or line name?

Put the alt-tag in quotes after the image name, as in
http://www.example.com/image.gif"Alt tag text"

All of the variables mentioned above are described in more detail
at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Variables .  Note that none
of the changes you've described require modification to any of
the scripts that come with PmWiki.