[pmwiki-users] Word wrap problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 18 23:32:16 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 06:23:49PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> PM:
> an option to break preformatted text lines that are longer than
> >some number of characters (as set by the wiki administrator).
>

> Brilliant! and so simple. Yes good idea. hmmm and possibly incorporate
> Jo's option, two parameters
>
> preFormat(1,50)
>   # preformat is on, wrap at 50 char
> preFormat(0,50)
>   # preformat is off "<pre>" just doesn't get generated
>  # ignore second param

Turning off preformatted markup is already easy to do...

    DisableMarkup('^ ');

but I'll come up with an administrative option to wordwrap
preformatted text.  And an admin/author who really wants
preformatted text that extends beyond that boundary might prefer to
use something like Cookbook.SourceBlock or CodeBlock anyway.