[pmwiki-users] Feature request: Action lists in skins

Hans design at flutesong.net
Thu Apr 7 04:52:16 CDT 2005

Wednesday, April 6, 2005, 10:36:08 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Overall if anything is done here I tend to lean towards the idea of
> having the actions as ordered lists in separate pages, which are then
> processed by <!--wiki:--> directives and styled by appropriate CSS.
> This seems to give the most flexibility and ease of understanding.
> We can even include a default "actions" page in the distribution,
> even if the default distribution skin (and other skins) elect not to
> use it.

Thanks this is great! Maybe other skin designers will embrace this
approach if there are default pages with "action" links in the
standard distribution. This will definitely aid the use of action
lists across skins, but the biggest advantage in my mind is the ease
of customisation, and customisation of actions on a per group basis.

So I hope we can get two well-named pages, one for actions in the top of
the page, and one for actions in the bottom of the page.

There is still the problem of internationalisation. I asked about this
in a post yesterday, and will ask again:
Could it be possible to get the names of action links defined in a wii
page automatically translated similar to what is happening through the
XLPage function, by creating some special markup for it?

Best,
~Hans