[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: notifications

Knut Alboldt mailing
Tue Sep 21 03:21:50 CDT 2004

At 23:20 20.09.2004, you wrote:
>On 16 Sep 2004, John Rankin wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, 16 September 2004 12:09 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
> > >
> > >It would be nice being able to add a directive directly to the page in
> > >question, or to a separate (group specific?) page that controls this
> > >behaviour. I've found that when I have to do it using config.php it feels
> > >like too much of a bother, so I don't do it.
> >
> > Depends what you want to do. We wrote an extension for one of our
> > wikis that lets you do the following:
> >
> > - suppose there are some pages you are interested in tracking
> >
> > - you add a directive to each page, along the lines of (PmWiki 1)
> >
> >     =notify {{Christian}}
> >
> > - every time one of these pages gets updated, the page
> >   Notify.Christian is updated (think Christian's personal
> >   RecentChanges page)
> >
> > - you could Notify.Christian?action=rss (I think...)
> >
> > - the =notify {{Christian}} is rendered in browse as
> >
> >     <<|{{Christian}}|>>
> >
> >   so you get a trail through your pages of interest
> >
> > - we use it for assigning keywords to pages and tracking
> >   which pages use what keywords
> >
> > Is that sort of what you want to do? If so, I can add it
> > to the Cookbook.
>
>Nice! I think this sounds like a very clever idea, so please add it and
>then I'll give it a test.

That's interesting.  We could use it also for the translation checks of
pmwiki, meaning: if we put this in a group-header for the PmWikiDE and
PmWiki Groups, then it would be more easily to get the changes of the
original doc-pages (to update the translated pages as well) and to get a
request for reviewing a translated page.

Knut