[Pmwiki-users] Publishing a part of your wiki -- Experience using PmWiki

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Sep 15 19:31:52 CDT 2004

On Thursday, 16 September 2004 11:07 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:06:32AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
>> As I understand it, some web content management systems have the concept
>> of public and private pages, so that a set of pages can be reviewed and
>> approved inside an organisation, then be released to the wider world.
>> You can also quickly make private a public page that is found to be
>> incorrect or embarassing.
>
>This is along the lines of "draft pages" that was discussed in another
>thread about a month or so ago (and which I couldn't/didn't pay attention to
>in detail because I had a bunch of other stuff going on at the
>time).
>
>Could someone add a PITS entry that notes that we should look at adding
>draft capabilities to PmWiki 2, as well as summarizing any conclusions
>that were made in the previous thread?  That would be a big
>help for me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pm

There is a description, script and example of page drafts at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageDrafts

However, I think it's different from what Christian is suggesting.
It seems to me that draft / final and public / private are perhaps
orthogonal ideas. The same wiki may contain a public draft of one
page and a private final of another page. And a page may have both
a draft and finished (saved) version; whereas if I understand
Christian correctly, a page is either public or private.

I will create a PITS entry, but would like to hear Christian's
comments first, as I'm not sure whether it's one PITS or two.

--
JR