[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki 2 questions

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Sep 20 22:05:01 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, 21 September 2004 2:56 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>After looking at this I'm increasingly of the opinion that maybe we
>should just try moving inline markups before link processing and
>see what breaks.  So, for testing purposes I've gone ahead and
>set a local customization on
>

>http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Test/InlinePlacement
>
>so that the markup processing sections are
>
>   _begin, fulltext, split, directives, inline, links, block,
>style, _end.
>
>I've also enabled extendmarkup.php on that page.

That bit doesn't seem to be working.

>I've also modified
>MakeLink so that it strips any HTML tags it finds in the target before
>determining the target link.  Let's see what breaks and what
>doesn't.

I can give this a thorough test and look at updating page toc, which
will give it a good workout, once there is a development release.

>Note that this still doesn't enable WikiStyles in link text -- that one
>is definitely a tougher nut to crack.

One step at a time. This is already a huge advance!

>Pm

PS the colour of self-references needs a bit of work (stands out, though).

--
JR