[Pmwiki-users] Re: Typesetting math -- experience using PmWiki

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Sep 16 16:44:24 CDT 2004

On Thursday, 16 September 2004 8:51 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
>> > Heh. With the advent PmWiki 2, I now have a long term goal of adding a
>> > 'Typeset' button to a trail page and turning wiki markup directly into
>> > TeX. This would then allow anyone with a web browser to publish a book.
>> > Which may or may not be a good thing.
>>
>> Excellent idea.
>
>I agree. I've been wanting such a functionality for a while (forgot about
>it before actually). It could have been a partial substitute for the
>private/public problems, allowing a set of pages to be exported
>as PDF.

Have a look at pdf2you. For an example, see:
http://www.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/XMLWP/HomePage

Tick 'Include this page' and press 'Publish'

Click the PDF icon at the top right (with a 'Typeset Page' tool tip)

Print the result double-sided.

Let me know if you'd like to use it until...

With PmWiki 2, I envisage 'action=pdf' and go wiki -> tex -> pdf
instead of wiki -> xhtml -> tex -> pdf.

--
JR