[Pmwiki-users] searchresult-page

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Tue Oct 26 13:59:08 CDT 2004

At 21:44 26.10.2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:10:48PM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> > pmwiki v2 develop17:
> >
> > if I want to use the fmt= or list= parameters on the searchlist-page
> > (Main.Search or my own as an expansion of the main search box in the
> > header) where do I have to specify these ?
> >
> > I tried this on the markup within the page (:searchresult list=normal:)
> but
> > this gives a different result  (more pages) then using simply
> > (:searchresult:) which gives the right results.
>
>Have you added any entries to the $SearchPatterns['default'] array in a
>local config, or are you saying that (:searchresult list=normal:) gives
>more pages than plain (:searchresult:) on a clean install?  If a clean
>install, could you demo it on the pmwiki.org site somewhere...?

I will investigate it further tomorrow. The last test I made with added
searchpattern (have to check if it was for default), but I will do another
one without it. If I got the same result, I'll have to setup a copy of this
installation at my ISP, the testsite is in my intranet only.

> > Do I have to put the additional parameters in the query-string in the
> > search-form ? if yes: how ?
>
>List= and fmt= (and all of the other listing options) can go in the query
>string, as hidden elements in (:searchbox:)

what are the var-names ? "list" and "fmt" ? Is it important to write "List"
instead of "list" ?

>, or as parameters to
>(:searchresults:).  I suspect the common place to put them is in
>the (:searchresults:) tag on the SearchWiki page.

That's what I wanted

Knut