[Pmwiki-users] [:comments text:] directive ??

Ilya Zverev zverik
Fri Oct 1 03:46:52 CDT 2004

FS> What I'm looking for is something like we can find in blogs. I imagine
FS> something like this:
FS> 1- I've a page with "blog" articles (and maybe a form underneath to
FS> enter new articles)
FS> 2- I can add to this king of page a [:xy-comment:] tag which will
FS> create/link to a page with a unique random name
FS> 3- when the user clicks on that link reaches the (commenting) page
FS> 4- in the page there may be the previous comments and a form to enter a
FS> new comment.

FS> What I need is something form point 2 to 4 :)

Hm... Let me structurize this to make it a bit clearer for me :)

2. Comments are stored on separate page, which name is auto-generated
   and different for every [:xy-comment:] tag.

3. The comments page works like any other page.

4. On that commenting page comments are stored one after another and
   the user can add new comment to the bottom.

Is it right? You can try to use X-Comment cookbook entry and the only
thing for you is to:

a) Implement [:xy-comment:] tag. Probably in form [[comment uid]],
   where uid is used to construct unique page name that will contain
   comments. It will output something like
   FmtWikiLink('', "{{".$pagename."-$uid}}", "Comment on this");

b) The comment pages' default text should be [[comments]], or whatever
   the tag is in X-Comment plugin.

Am I right?

Zverik