[Pmwiki-users] Wiki spammers (was: external links in page history)
Tue Nov 30 13:45:01 CST 2004
On Tuesday, 30 November 2004 9:55 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:32:47AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30 November 2004 8:22 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>> >And blocklist.php is now available at
>> >http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Blocklist. I've already activated it
>> >on the pmwiki.org site -- we'll see how effective it is.
>> Is this backwards compatible with pmwiki 1?
>Believe it or not, in looking at the code I think it is indeed
>compatible with PmWiki 1. It doesn't seem to require any
>special features from PmWiki 2 -- it only uses the FmtPageName and
>ReadPage functions, and modifies $EditMessageFmt, all of which exist
>and work largely the same as PmWiki 1.
>So, give it a shot. :-)
Well so far no more spam (what a foolish thing to say).
1. those who'd like to add some spammers to their blocking page,
2. would it be worth putting up a page on pmwiki that includes
the text of various spam blocking pages, so we can go to
one place to get an updated list of Bad Santa addresses
3. should the blocklist.php script block 'post' requests, rather
than 'edit' requests; that way
- if it's a human spammer (albeit one swimming in the shallow
end of the gene pool), he just wasted some of his time that
might have been spent spamming someone else
- if it's a machine, it might not notice that its post didn't
take, whereas it may spot an edit rejection
4. for any US readers, can you get Donald Rumsfeld to deal with
spammers the way he dealt with Al Jazeera (bomb the bastards;
see The Control Room -- essential and compelling viewing)
5. thank you once again, Patrick
More information about the pmwiki-users