[Pmwiki-users] Danger, Will Robinson!

Tom Holroyd tomh
Sun Nov 28 08:58:39 CST 2004

> > We've discussed moderation in the past but I didn't see a consensus
> > about how the interface should work.  If anyone can summarize what
> > a moderation feature should look like, I'll see about implementing
> > it.

Actually I think the urlapprove approach may be all that is
required to stop spam, since that is really just links.  Hiding
links in text, like 'h t t p:// whatever' is stupid, since you
can't click on it and robots won't see it.  I haven't tried it
yet, but I hope it also works for ftp: and mailto:.

Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and
are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce