[Pmwiki-users] Danger, Will Robinson!

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Sat Nov 27 18:49:43 CST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 07:51:43AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:41:48PM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:
> > I don't know if other wikis have tried this, but is it possible
> > to add a "moderation" mode where edits do not get posted
> > immediately but rather must be approved?
>
> We've discussed moderation in the past but I didn't see a consensus
> about how the interface should work.  If anyone can summarize what
> a moderation feature should look like, I'll see about implementing
> it.

The project I am on in the moment had a similar idea. So I started
setting an edit password on all pages but the ones ending in
"Suggestion". Only those pages could be edited by guests.

This is of course not a total moderation mode, but it was a start.

Anyway - after fiddling around a little with this we decided against it.

After all it is a wiki and the community that visits the site should be
able to wikify their thoughts and not suggest them and wait for others
to include them.

     Balu