[Pmwiki-users] PmWikiDraw New version

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Wed Nov 3 15:54:02 CST 2004

At 14:51 03.11.2004, Cirian wrote:
>Following yet more great feedback from Knut.  I've released another
>version of PmWikiDraw containing some small bugfixes.
>
>This script now works on either PmWiki 1 or 2  and the only changes to
>a vanilla pmwiki installation (other than including the script!) is a
>small change to upload.php.
>
>Fixes
>* Uses $ScriptUrl?pagename=<page> rather than $ScriptURL/<page>/ for
>servers that can't handle the latter
>* Fixed the directive so it can be used anywhere on a line, rather
>than at the start of the line (doh!)
>
>Pending fix
>* Ability to use 'Group.PageName' as a url in the editing window.
>I've fixed this on my test version, but it uses a <base/> element and
>I'm not convinced this is a good solution :)  So it isn't included in
>this version of PmWikiDraw.

Ok, it's up and running in v2 !!!

* you were absolutely right: the full qualified url must be supplied. I
changed it in my setup's.
* I would suggest to check this in the script pmwikidraw (can work this out
tomorrow), cause it may be that the ScriptURL will not contain the full
path (have to ask Pm) ? I think that will make the script more stable to
install.
*  updated the docs in the cookbook
* have to do a F5 to refresh the screen

suggestions:
* what about an option to create an edit-link (with a PagePmwikidrawFmt-var
to let the admin decide what format will be used), maybe as a textlink or a
small icon with a-attribute title="click here to edit the drawing" ? Could
prepare something like that (again: tomorrow). When I just copied a sample
*.draw without a *.map I couldn't edit the drwaing cause the link to edit
was missing (cause the map-file was missing)
* and a Pmwiki-Doc-Page should be good where the usage of the draw-applet
is described, we could ask Pm if this should be delivered only with the
cookbook or could be in the standard installation.
* I think next week I'll have a look on the java-code concerning the
symbol-library we discussed. Maybe this could "simply" be done by drawing
them and then getting the source-code from the *.draw-file ? Yes, then it
has to be packed into a java-class as well.
* another thing would be nice: specifying the size of the drawing-applet
(width / height) in the applet-parames and then in the pmwikidraw-setup or
within the drawing-directive
* maybe when all is done it should be placed within a zip-file as
attachment of the cookbook
* when using URL's for an object, e.g. a pagename, this will result in an
wrong URL in the map. maybe this could be fixed by using something like:
"{$ThisWiki}/Group.Page" as the url set in the Object. The string can be
set in the applet, but then all vars should also be substituted (like in a
wikipage) when displaying the map. e.g. "%BUILDEDITLINK%" could then be
turned into "{$editImageUrl}" to get exchanged.

I'll try to make changes and test them for the topics suggested above. If
you like them you can add them to your code. Or better: it could be made
configurable.

Anyway: it's a great start ! Well done !

haven't checked this on linux. I have to setup the apache and php and
pmwiki and java first on my debian system. Will take a while.

-Knut