[Pmwiki-users] .flock file permission problem

Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe Hugo.Alroe
Thu May 6 05:24:14 CDT 2004

On ecowiki.org we have met upon an annoying problem a few times in the last couple of days, where our pmwiki gives the .flock file permission error included below. All pages give this error. Before that the wiki system has functioned without any problems for a couple of months. Our webhost claim that they have not changed anything in the setup of the server.
The only way I have found to correct the error is to remove the .flock file via FTP. The .flock file is zero bytes, its has the admin user as owner, just as all the other pmwiki files, and permissions 644. The wiki.d directory has the same owner and permissions 777.
I am not sure how exactly the .flock file functions in preventing multiple simultaneous writes to the same file.
Has anyone else met upon such an error? Does anyone know what might correct the problem?
Kind regards, Hugo
Warning: fopen(wiki.d/.flock): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sv_ecowikiorg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 581

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sv_ecowikiorg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php:581) in /home/sv_ecowikiorg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php on line 381
PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot acquire lockfile
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
<http://www.pmichaud.com/ref/PmWiki/Lockfile>